3.18.2012

Review: Existence



Existence 
by Abbi Glines
My Rating: 5 Stars 
Summary (Goodreads)
What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.
Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.
Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.
Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.
He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.






Review

I am officially addicted to Abbi Glines!!! I had read Abbi's contemporaries The Vincent Boys and Breathe, and decided I needed to give her paranormal a try especially since people have been raving about this book since the release date! As you can probably already tell from the rating I fell in love with Abbi's paranormal too!




Gee is my favorite character in this book...this is pretty unexpected for me because I normally don't pay attention to supporting characters (especially when there is a HOT dude like Dank in the story). The second Gee showed up she had me hooked! I think when she made the twitter comment she was talking to me :/ I just loved her snarky, sarcastic attitude and how she just really didn't care what people thought (have you seen the honey badger you tube video? she is the honey badger)




My only complaint about the book is that I missed Dank when he wasn't there...Dang it! that's not a valid complaint! LOL but it totally made it better when I finished Existence, I went and read all the scenes that Abbi wrote in Dank's POV and it made it all better! I feel bad for Leif! He was a cutie, and he was a nice, endearing boyfriend...but he didn't really hold a candle to Dank! Dank the slightly masochistic, sarcastic, protective hottie!!!! SWOON <<<that is all I have to say about that! He really had Pagan wrapped around his finger but secretly she has him wrapped around her finger too ;)




This is a must read...actually let me re-phrase this...if you haven't read any of Abbi's books what are you doing with your life! Go buy one and read it now!!!




Twitter quote: "Blah, blah, blah. Don't let her fool you, she's a Twitter whore. On it all the F*ck*ng time."





Buy It ($4.99)


Amazon


Goodreads






Find Abbi Glines


Twitter


Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing this off on Amazon for aaaaages, and just haven't gotten around to reading it yet! But now I'll have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book!!! :) sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally heart this book!!! and yeah I think #DankIsTheHottness whooot! great review girl

    ReplyDelete