4.19.2013

Review: Awaken by Kristen Day


Awaken by Kristen Day
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes&Noble
The sacrifices we make have the power to shift the very fabric of who we are, and ultimately who we are meant to be…

After learning of her true destiny as the intended Leader of the Tydes, Anastasia Whitman must now embark on a perilous quest to the Underworld before the age of eighteen in order to plant the seed of immortality and complete her essence to become a true Sea Goddess. But before she can make her legendary journey, an unexpected new student transfers to Lorelei; initiating a sequence of events that will unravel Stasia’s new life, and test the boundaries of her relationship with the mysterious, dark, and sexy Finn Morrison. The line between the Underworld and the Living begins to blur as gruesome ghosts, morbid reveries, and pure evil haunt her waking hours as well as her sanity. Once the details of Finn’s own startling destiny are revealed, the dangerous secrets he’s been hiding will threaten the very love Stasia believed to be indestructible. As time begins to run out, she will be forced to choose between the one she loves and the destiny she cannot escape.

 
 Review:
 Well, all I can say is.......Wow. Actually, there's amazing and awesome as well. I can only think of adjectives like those three to describe not only this book but also the series as a whole. I came across the opportunity to review the first book in this series and I loved it. Because I loved it so much, I made sure to get the opportunity to review the other books.

But, today I get to review the second book, Awaken. And what a great second book it was. The story picks up where the first book left off. Anastasia is still in a wonderful relationship with Finn. She still has her best friends and roommates that she loves. The biggest part of all is that Anastasia is still on her journey to find her true self. She finds out more about who she is and what her destiny could be.

The story starts out with an unfamiliar man that could play a key role in Stasia's life. Who is this man? Why is he locked away somewhere, counting the days? What does he have to do with Anastasia? All intriguing questions that I had to ask myself... and that was just the prologue.

Kristen Day left a comment from my first review mentioning the throwing of objects and I think I understand why now. My reason for wanting to throw my kindle around was because of one name...Nadia. Ugh, even having to spell it out made me a little angry. And I am probably not done with my eagerness to throw my kindle. I can't give too much away about her because I would not want to give part of the story away.

Throughout this book, Stasia works with Finn and her friends to work on her training. I mean it's not an easy thing traveling to the Underworld. Stasia must face many obstacles in this book, at least she has some great people surrounding her.

As Anastasia faces each of her obstacles, they will bring her that much closer to her destiny. I really enjoyed this book and series. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment